Friday, May 18, 2012

Recollection

The other day I had a memory dropped on me. It was from some 30+ years ago....

An individual came to me. She said she was tasked with giving me my life journey & traits that would unfold as I grew older.

First up, she told me that I would be dark skinned which would also be called African American, Black, Nigger, Nigga, Coon, and so many others that I cannot recall. I do remember that each one would imply a different perception of me and that I had no control over how I'm viewed. She assured me that there was no fighting my fondness for being poor, uneducated, inferior, chicken, watermelons, & social service to name a few.

Next, she described that I would be a male. Being a male came with great responsibility. I would be the stronger gender even though females can be strong too. To violate this assignment would cause me to be shunned in the eyes of the world and cause me much stress. I was also pre-determined to like sports, sex, fast cars, and being un-emotional. Under no circumstance was I allowed to show emotion at any time.

The combination of being Black and a male meant that I was to father numerous illegitimate children along with a desire to carry out criminal acts while I ride in a custom car with expensive wheels. In my free time, I will play sports especially basketball where I will rely on skills alone and never develop any technique. I will have the option of going to college, granted I can graduate high school because I shouldn't make it that far.

She mentioned that I'm not going to grow over six feet thus giving me a "short man" complex. I will posses an ideal balance between ingenuity of mind, and sharp intellect, and the strength of will needed to see creative ideas through to completion. There will be fickleness or unhealthy restlessness & an excellent eye for detail. I'll be adept at languages, to possess a love of literature, a deep interest in history and statistics, and a good memory for details. Among so many other traits that align with being a Virgo.

Blah, blah, blah...

Get me out of your fuckin' box. My brand is Tony Arrington.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment